Friday, June 8, 2012

There is a newl lesson for us each timewe read His Word.


Proverbs 8                    June 8, 2012
Memory Verse: “Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom; I am understanding; I have strength.”

I have probably read Proverbs 10-12 times in my life; but, I have never been moved so much as this time in Proverbs 8. I see things I have never noticed before, and I want to share them with you guys. We all know the story of Isaac being a model of the coming Christ; we have all read about the Christ that Isaiah and the Old  Testament prophets foretold, but never has the office or definition of Christ been more apparent than in this proverb 8:

1)      He starts by identifying Himself as Wisdom, Insight, truthful, and passionate
2)      He teaches his characteristics of Sanity; Knowledge; Discretion; hating evil, pride, arrogance, and lies.
3)      He defines what He does by offering good counsel, showing common sense, being understanding, and teaching Virtue.
4)      He tells about what He does through believers: leaders rule, lawmakers legislate,  governors govern –all due to His authority
5)      He loves ones that love Him and seek Him
6)      He promises honor and a good name
7)      He promises life to those who love Him
8)      He supports what He says; He was with God before anything was made or done
9)      He took part in and supported everything done
10)  He declared (as did God) that the creation of the human family was Good
11)  Then He makes clear what is expected of us believers:
A)    Embrace His ways
B)     Live wisely and with self discipline
C)     Don’t squander opportunities He presents
D)    Be blessed through daily devotions
E)     Seek Jesus and find real life through God
F)      If you reject Jesus (your choice), you are tempting Death

I was so moved when I studied these verses that I want to just tell everyone how much I love and trust Him. The Bible says it in such beautiful ways that we can always find a new lesson every time we study His Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment