Wednesday, July 18, 2012

God does not need loners, but teammates.

July 18, 2012

Proverbs 18:1    “ Through desire a man , having separated himself , seeketh and intermeddleth with our own wisdom .”

            Pastor Ferrell counsels us all the time about being a Christian loner. Though sometimes a Christian must separate himself from others for inner reflection (as Jesus often had to do ), we should not regularly separate ourselves from our Christian community of believers .

            When I am separated for my own purposes –even if it is to write or visit –I often feel the inadequacy I have . Granted , it makes me depend more on the track from God , but  I really miss opportunities to share , be encouraged , or help someone.

            If God had wanted loners, he would have left Adam by himself . God and man me the opportunity is to praise , perform , pray , and worship together the !

Lord , we love you today and want to be a team for Your kingdom growth . Help us , Lord, to know that we can do so much more by relying on our brothers and sisters than just by ourselves . For your service we live .     Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment